Thursday, April 9, 2009

New home in NPCU

After what happend in the NICU, we asked the staff if they would be willing to move Alyssa to the Neonatal Progressive Care Unit, which is like the level II nursery she was in in Toronto. Yet again, they were willing to accommodate our needs and would give it a try. If for some reason, she begins not tolerating her feeds, then she'd have to go back, but for now this is where she is. It it much quieter here, but a lot busier. There are more parents in this unit as well. We share a lot more of the care, which is wonderful. Who would have thought that I would drive into London with the NPCU on the phone saying, "don't changer her diaper yet, I want to do it when I get there." I may regret it later on, but for now, it's how I stay connected with my daughter.

The butterfly that is attached to her isolette is in remembrance of Mya.



Thank you to great-grandma Poppe for the beautiful outfits!

Take care,
Lindsay
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment