Friday, April 10, 2009

The Many Faces of Alyssa

As of yesterday, Alyssa is off the caffeine. We'll have to see how she's doing today. She had the shakes yesterday and a bit of a headache from the withdrawal she was also quite cranky. (kidding...those are my symptoms of caffeine withdrawal). They used the caffeine to help with their breathing because it keeps them stimulated so they don't forget to breathe. She needs to be off the caffeine and had no spells before she can come off the monitors. I'm not sure I'm ready for that step yet. When she's been on them for 4 weeks (today!) it's hard not to rely on them. But it's another step she needs to master in order for her to come home. So we'll just have a baby like anyone else who is not hooked up to machines. (I wonder what that's like)

Some cuddle time after non-nutritive sucking. Those red marks on her face are from how I was holding her.

Thanks Grandma McGregor for the cute bear outfit. It may not look it here, but she is swimming in the hat. Is her head really tiny? Or is it the baby next to her's head that's HUGE!


Grandma B. holding her for the first time. The two of them napped while I pumped and cleaned up.
The Many Faces of Alyssa
(I think she just had gas)



Print this post

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable.... and Gramma B. looks pretty proud!- Karen O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gramma...what a joy to hold her for the first time..!!
    Alyssa..those faces made me giggle..thanks.
    Lindsay, oh yes i remember thinking i was not ready for those leads to come off..they helped me sleep at night knowing they were okay. but a few days in i was feeling good about it. its scary when your so used to them being a safety measure. All and all one more step to being in the home with you to cuddle as long and as much as you want.
    Take care you guys.
    Hope you have a great Easter
    I went to mass this morning and you were all in my prayers as always.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hayter Family,

    Thanks for all the wonderful pictures! Thanks for those faces Alyssa that gave us my morning Laughs!!! She is growing a lot as we can see from all of the pics. Happy Easter Weekend!!
    Can't wait to see you girls and Craig!
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete