Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mississauga Half Marathon

Today was Craig, Christy and Dustin's Mississauga Half Marathon Race. While the weather had been threatening rain all week prior, the day turned out to be ok. It was a bit windy but there was just a drizzle, which kept them cool while running. Every single one of them ran under 2:00 and Craig and Christy made a new PB. I'm proud of each one of them for accomplishing yet another amazing feat that some only dream of. I hate to admit it, but a small part (right now, it's a VERY small part) of me wants that same 'runners high' that they have and that feeling of personal accomplishment as you step across the finish line happy with your race.

Trying to keep warm and dry before they take off.

Always a few last minute race discussions.

And they're off...finally!

Craig coming up on the 12k mark. He looked strong at this point. Mom and Dad were there to cheer him on! It was company for me and more support for Craig so I'm glad they came! (Selfishly, they were back-ups incase something happened to me)


Coming around the lake front at Port Credit. He looks tired and worn here, but somehow manages to push through it with great time!

Congrats again to them all! I get goosebumps when I tell people what you've done in the past 3 weeks!
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment