Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update

I realize it has been a long time since I've posted pics on here. We've been busy around here! The first two weeks home have been up and down. When she came home, she was no longer on her 3hr schedule that they had her on at the hospital. The first week home she didn't gain much weight, but was adjusting well to her surroundings. The next visit she gained 5 ounces and is now up over 7lbs. Hard to believe my once 2lb 14oz baby is now the size of a 'typical' newborn. She is doing really well with her development. They said she might be a little delayed in development compared to a baby born on March 13th who was a full-term baby.

A quick lesson on this...there's chronological age and corrected age. She is 2 months old chronologically from March 13. But she's still minus one week corrected age. Once we hit the 28th, she will start at zero days old because that was my original due date. The only reason we use is this is because while yes, she's 2 months old, she wasn't supposed to be born when she was so we go by her due date for development...ie holding head, grabbing things, crawling, walking, etc. And we use this only until about 2 years of age. I had a lady at the doctor's office ask me how old she was, and instead of explaining everything, I said she was just a few days old. To compare, my cousin's baby who was born a week before Alyssa is now I think 13lbs. Make sense?

That all being said...she is holding her head up pretty good, much like a 2 monther is supposed to. She sometimes smiles, though I still think it's gas, or when she's really full. She's ravenous when she eats and I have a hard time keeping up with her. She sleeps ok through the night. Though I think she's going through a growth spurt and wants to eat all the time. The dogs are doing really well with her, they don't bother her too much.

I think that brings everyone up to speed. Hope all is well with everyone.

Much love,
Lindsay, Craig and Alyssa

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment